Since I started working on my “at home” business, I find myself taking naps daily. I can’t figure out how I lived without them.
I consider myself a morning person and I feel a significant boost in motivation after most naps. Sometimes I sleep too long, or I get interrupted which throws me off for the rest of the day, but 4 out of 5 times I get the perfect amount nap.
I realize naps are not for everyone, but I recommend giving it a try. Here is a quick list of pros and cons for creatives taking naps.
- The brain hits a “reset” button during sleep that allows people to view a problem or project with “fresh” eyes. [Source: National Geographics]
- Getting enough sleep is essential for health. Taking a nap can help you catch-up if you are behind. [Source: National Sleep Foundation]
- Napping replenishes energy [Source: Experiment Abstract]
- Napping regularly may reduce stress and even decrease your risk of heart disease. [source: webmd]
- Can leave you groggy.
- Some people have a hard time waking up from a nap.
- Can throw off your regular sleep schedule.
- Is hard without a quiet and dark location.
I just have to say,
I LOVE NAPS!
I find them to empower me creatively and help me get more work done.
Give it a try for a few days. And let me know how it works out for you in the comments below.