We made some money in our Last Week of the Journal & I talk a little about “the best spinner”.
A crazy week as usual. It was hard to find the time to put in my 14 hours this week. My wife is due to give birth any day, we are spending a lot of time on creating our comic book (Madman of Magic), my laptop died, the family is planning to come to see the baby, I signed a new contract for putting on animation workshops for the local schools, and …. Well that is all I remember, but I did find 14 hours to work on the Niche Site.
WE MADE MONEY
Still in the Middle of my BackLinking Strategy
I have figured out that attempting a backlinking strategy for the first time is very time-consuming.
This tool makes it a little easier (it is free):
Some Notes on article directories:
These are links for my backlinking strategy. If you don’t know what that is, please read my post from Week 5: Back links and Article Marketing
Sites that no longer work or cost money
- Article Dashboard now charges money.
- Article Blast said my account hasn’t been approved yet. It has been a few weeks, and I still haven’t heard anything. I did have to submit examples of work, which is cool, but you think they would have contacted me by now.
- Article Alley said the email provider (gmail) was blocked. This is weird to block Google email accounts, but I am not opening or using one of my websites accounts for a backlinking strategy.
- Buzzle said external links were no longer allowed in Articles. I signed up and was about to post when I read this.
- The Free Library does not accept new articles at this time.
- iSnare says you can post an article and have your website on the article, but if you want it to link back (be clickable), then it costs money. I put one article on there just for the heck of it since I went through the trouble of opening an account, but I will not be posting anymore.
Sites I did use
The only spinning software I have ever used is “The Best Spinner”. I am wondering if it was a bad choice. I figure the best way to help you decide if you want to purchase the same one is to give positive and negative things about it.
- I have a hard time doing some of the more complicated spinning features. For example, if I want to highlight a word to spin, it has issues letting me highlight exactly what I want to highlight. Sometimes it does half the word or takes away the space between words.
- CRASHES I have had the software crash on me more than once. After finishing everything, I try to do save and it says it can not do it because of an error. Luckily it will usually allows me to try again later.
- Mistakes with brackets. After spinning an article, there was an error with a bracket and the article would not spin correctly. I had to go through and find the mistake. My guess is the original mistake was probably my fault, but I wonder why the program couldn’t tell me where the mistake was or give me an idea of where I should be looking for the missing bracket.
- Have to pay yearly for the product (or as they call it, the service).
- There are a lot of cool features I have yet to try. One of these features is the fact the software has more capabilities than just spinning.
- You can see how similar spun articles are to each other (gives a percentage).
- Able to access the software from different computers.
- Not too complicated to use (I wouldn’t call it easy either).
Automate Article Synonyms Selection
Final thoughts on “the best spinner” software
Week # 8 Results
Still working on Back linking
We spent another week setting up backlinks as discussed in our backlinking strategy (read here). We are putting up more articles than what is required, but I figure we would rather have too many than not enough.
Income: about $1.50 (Total to date $1.50)
We finally made our first dollar this month. This is really cool but a little sad that it took 8 weeks to get there. Maybe if I worked on more niche site I would be able to pull in money faster. The cool thing is that traffic is low and I am not ranked yet, so when these things finally happen I hope it will mean a steady income.
Google Ranking: Not Ranked Yet
Number of page views: 37 in a week (from November 10 – November 16)
This sounds bad because it is lower than last week, but it is, in fact, good news. I haven’t been on the site as much and, therefore, these are all legitimate views as opposed to me checking the website links.
Costs: $0 (Total to date $346.30)
We did not spend any money this week. Always a good thing!
Time Breakdown: 16 Hours (Total to date: 111 hours)
I put in two extra hours because I know I missed a few in the past weeks.
Leah’s Time (0 hours):
- 0 hours. Leah has been working the entire week on our comic book, Madman of Magic and pregnancy stuff.
Jason’s Time (16 hours):
- 1 hour going over how to use “The Best Spinner” and the ways other people use it.
- 15 hours spinning and posting articles.
I was unable to keep close track of my time because of logistics, but I do know I spent approximately six hours spinning 4 articles (3 around 500 words and 1 around 1200 words). With the rest of the time spent publishing articles. I posted at least one article and almost all of the sites listed above, but on a few of them I didn’t get time to post anything.
Since this was the last week of the Niche Site Journal I do not have any concrete plans set up for the Niche Site Journal. I do realize I still need to finish the backlinking strategy, touch up the website, add the rest of the articles Leah wrote, and optimize the locations of the Google AdWord ads. I will finish these tasks, but I will have to do it in between working on the comic book and taking care of a new baby.
Lesson: The Niche Site Journal Lives on!
I will be completing those tasks mentioned in the “plan” section of this article, but instead of posting on a weekly basis, I will be posting monthly updates. At the same time I expect to start the second site of the niche site journal (as mentioned in Week 0: Explaining Niche Site Journal). I will be posting those updates on a weekly basis, but before that starts I will be taking a few weeks off to get my life back in order.
I want to say thanks for following my progress and remember that even though this is the last week of this Niche Site Journal, I will be continuing to work on the site and continue to update you on my progress.
My Niche Site Journal:
- Week 0: Explaining Niche Site Journal
- Week 1: Choosing a niche
- Week 2: Wordpress Site Theme and Launching the Blog
- Week 3: WordPress Site Editing & Content Creation
- Week 4: Add Plug-ins, Add Widgets, and Adjusting the Theme
- Week 5: Back links and Article Marketing
- Week 6: Getting Indexed, Writing Content, and Waiting for Google
- Week 7: Back linking Strategy
- Week 8: We Made Money!
- Jan 2013 Update