I. WANT. THIS!
Scott and Julie Brusaw, have invented a functioning Solar Road! If we ever needed just ONE futuristic, inventive, sci-fi thing to happen to the world, this is it.
Yeah, okay, the internet was pretty cool but THIS could be epic! For starters, the road self-defrosts! I’d never have to shovel my sidewalk again!
What an invention! The video makes some incredible claims. By converting all the roadways in the U.S. to solar roadways, we’d produce three times the amount of energy we’re using.
That’s flipping amazing!
Seeing as we are 5% of the world population, and we use 20% of the energy, this could change things.
Here is a list of all the significant changes this project would bring:
- Hundreds of thousands of jobs created
- It uses recycled materials
- Reduction in road kills and traffic fatalities
- Reduce dependence on fossil fuels thus slowing climate change
- The eradication of traditional above ground power lines
- Less winter salt erosion
- No pot holes
- They’d pay for themselves while heating your house and charging your electric car
- Heck… The road can even treat storm water!
Here is a link to some FAQs if you’re interested – www.solarroadways.com/faq.shtml
The Brusaws are crowdsourcing their project. Through Indiegogo, they raised more than double the $1,000,000 goal!
Their final funding total was $2,200,166
You can check out their campaign at www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways